Jackets and Bib Pants
- On a “wash day” come to the uniform room when you are picking up your student and grab 10-12 uniforms on their hangers.
- If a stain does occur, sponge with water or treat with an appropriate product before it has time to set and before laundering. You may use “Spray and Wash” and other non-chlorine stain removers when washing.
- Machine wash on the gentle/knit cycle in cold water. Never wash in hot water!!!!
- Wash the bibs separate from the jackets
- Wash the jackets zipped and inside out
- Do not use bleach of any sort! Use only non-chlorine detergent! Many detergents are harsh and have a beaching ingredient that will cause even colorfast fabric to migrate.
- Do not use liquid fabric softener on band uniforms!
- Hang dry the uniforms! Do not dry them.
- Wash the gauntlets separate from the bibs and jackets
- The gauntlets may be washed on a gentle cycle following the same washing instructions provided for the jacket and bib pants.
- Make sure to hook the Velcro closure together when laundering in a machine to avoid picking of the fabric.
After laundering return the uniforms to the uniform room and hang up in the appropriate spot. Bib, jacket, gauntlets and hangers should all have names on them.
A current school year washing schedule will be developed and posted soon.